Saturday, June 20, 2009

The Last will be First

Lately Andrew is concerned about whether he gets to go first (mostly vs his brother!). "Mommy - can I have the first Capri-Sun? the first turn? the first cup of milk? is this the first bath?" And on and on.

A few days ago I began to tell him about what Jesus says...that if we are following Jesus then we need to know that He says the first will end up being last and the last will end up being first. I explained that could mean something as simple as giving Luke the first cinnamon roll instead of asking for it himself. At first he didn't like this. But today he began saying "mommy - luke can go first...I'll be last." I don't know if it'll stick but I told him that made mommy's heart happy!

I was putting pasta into bowls for dinner tonight and Andrew said "Mommy - can I have the pink bowl? Jesus doesn't say anything about bowls, does he?!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this... I love how Andrew's heart is quick to respond to your teachings about God. Whether Luke going first is something that sticks or fades... he's learning and leaning towards God... and that's just awesome.

Krissy said...

This is awesome. Great parenting Alli. Another reason why I love Andrew.