Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Most Lovable"

Today I picked up Andrew from a morning at the Healthplex Kids Sports Camp. It was all about learning new sports. They made the kids medals that were hanging around their necks. On the way out he said "mommy - look at my medal..." And upon closer inspection I realized that each kid had a little affirmation written on their medal. Andrew's medal said.....

"Most Lovable."

If my kid ever wins any award in his lifetime I hope it's about being a loving kid.
I almost cried.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I must be hormonal... I'm all teary!

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

How appropriate, considering that is WHO Andrew is!! The first time I met him I thought "That kid is a Lover"! Way to go kids camp for affirming this in him. I love it!!

Krissy said...

It's it wonderful that kids are able to discern who people really ARE. You betcha Andrew is most lovable. I think kids often have excellent discernment and just lack words to articulate how they are feeling.

Maybe we are born with stronger discernment, and by not guarding our heart, we are numbed by the world. Here's an example - I used to visit my grandpa on Sunday mornings in a bar. I knew I didn't like it in there - it was dark, literally and spiritually. But then I got older and loved being in bars. Why is that? My discernment got clouded.

Andrew and Luke are so LOVING - you and Bill have done a great job making your kids feel loved, so now they can pour it out to other freely. Beautiful.