Saturday, June 12, 2010

An experiment with Grace...

So this week I'm going to do a little experiment. I need some grace. And I know God wants me to have it. So this week my experiment is about how much of His grace I can receive.

A while back I did some searching through scripture about receiving grace. I even had a very compelling dream about receiving grace. I thought about receiving grace. But apparently I didn't actually do it. So...now that I know it...I must actually DO it. This week I'm going to receive a little grace. And you can come along for the ride.

Here's what I found out in scripture about some ways I can practice receiving God's grace in my life on a daily basis:

Acknowledge with gratitude the way that I first came to know Him.
Receive any forgiveness that someone offers me.
Receive any blessing or any favor that someone offers me.
Receive others' gifts as help and service to me.
Acknowledge with gratitude all the strengths, talents and spiritual gifts that He has given to me.
Use my gifts to give out grace to others.
Be confident that when I pray, He is immediately giving me the help that I ask for.

So...here we go. Let's just see what happens. Who knows?...maybe you'll be part of it! I'll keep you updated as the week goes on. I already know what I'm to do...an idea I had 2-3 days ago. I'll keep you wondering for now and let you know what happens.

No comments: