Friday, November 19, 2010

My Boy

Andrew is such a great kid. Today he is 5 years old! I think that officially means he isn't a toddler, and certainly not a baby, anymore. He just seems....grown up.


We love this kid so much. He's energetic (!!!), funny, smart, kind-hearted, sensitive and above-all: loving! He is just made to be a friend. He has a natural way of bringing others into what he's doing and making them feel cared-for, protected or special. Andrew is also a great cuddler. He's awesome at numbers (does math in his head already!) and loves to build things. He calls Luke his "best bud" and has said often of Zoe "mommy I just can't stop loving her!" He has a special place in his heart for his Dad (affectionately known as "Big Dude"). We all have special relationships with Andrew.


We don't know what our family would be like without this wonderful boy! He is an awesome kid.

Five years ago today I basking in the glow of my first son being born at 12:04pm. His proud daddy was already happily watching the Buckeyes beat Michigan while cuddling his boy. Perfect all around.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Andrew!!! I still remember meeting him for the first time... seeing you as a mom for the first time - at my baby shower for Silas at the Dew's. So hard to believe it's been 5 years...

Krissy said...

You're post is right on. You're not even overly biased because you're his mom - Andrew is an amazing kid. I can't wait to continue to watch him grow. We love Andrew!