Monday, December 13, 2010

LUKE is 3!



Today is Luke's 3rd birthday! My sweet little guy was so excited about today that last night he was singing himself "Happy Birthday" in bed and having a birthday party with his stuffed animals! He's been wearing his birthday crown almost every day since his preschool class celebrated his birthday on Dec 3rd. I think this is the first year he understands and anticipates the excitement of a birthday. We're heading to First Watch with the whole family for lunch - at his request. His favorite meal is pancakes and eggs.

Luke is some special kid. He just melts my heart with his sweetness. I see purity all over him. People typically comment on his "bright eyes" or his "sweetest little voice." He leaves joy in his wake. I always tell Luke that I have a "Luke-y spot" in my heart that only he can fill. He likes that! And this kid is a resilient little boy...not much ruffles his feathers, makes him cry or upsets him. He "rolls with it."

A friend told me before Luke was born that he would fill in holes in our family that we didn't even know were there. And he has. He cannot be compared to anyone else - Luke is Luke. And we love him so much.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Luke is such a sweet boy - you are so right. He is so much FUN to be around. He is intense and goes at things whole heartedly, which I love. Kate always wants to pray for Luke, which I love :) We love Luke-a-Duke!!