Sunday, September 20, 2009

Lessons by Andrew

Twice in the past week I have had poignant reminders about truth from my 3 year old. I love the age he's coming to where (some) things are starting to sink in...

We were filling out a personal page for his preschool class book and the last question to him was "Why are you special?" I asked him and immediately began thinking of the million things that make my boy special. He just looked at me and said "Because God made me that way."

Just today we were watching an airplane out the car window and I said "so buddy - do you think you might want to be a pilot someday?" And he said back to me "No mommy - I just want to be your kid. And Daddy's."

I love hearing the truth come out of him. These 2 instances reminded me just how simple we're allowed to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading this...

Erin said...

I love this. Precious. Thanks for sharing!