Thursday, September 3, 2009

What Kids Know

So this is part 2 to our "it's a girl" story.

About a week before our sonogram, Andrew began telling people it's a girl. It wasn't as if he was saying he really wanted a baby sister or was desiring it himself...he just stated it as fact.

Bill said to me later that week that he now thought Andrew knew something and would be surprised if it were a boy (after previously thinking it was a boy).

I didn't know what to think except I'd had dreams in the past (none recent) about having a baby girl - even when I was pregnant with Luke. So I just told God that I trusted him to construct our family in the best and most joyful way for us.

We walked into the room and the ultrasound tech asked me if I thought I knew what it was. I told her no, but my 3-year-old kept saying it was a girl. And here's what she said....

"I've been doing this for 20 years and anytime a little child walks in my room with a strong conviction about the sex: I think about 90% of the time they are correct.""

What?!?? Did I hear her right? Approximately 90% of kids who THINK they know; DO KNOW.

This just reinforced what I already believed...children are clearer vessels to have discernment from God and hear the voice of God. This was just one small crazy example. I love it.

3 comments:

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

We've got to get Andrew trained up in ministry asap. This kids got a gift!! :)
Squeeze him for me!

Rachel said...

When I was pregnant with Cana, but didn't know it I walked into a room full of kindergartners. A little girl walked up, but her ear on my belly, and said, "there's a baby in there!" Then, for the next hour she followed me around talking about how sweet the baby was. Amazing. I've also had two friends who were informed they were pregnant by their toddlers. I LOVE KIDS!

Anonymous said...

I wonder about Silas'recent focus on having 'another sister'. He asks for another sister... and he draws pictures of our family with an extra person... and says "that's my other sister". Ummm... we have no plans for expanding our family!! I keep telling him our family might be as big as it's going to be... and he says "nope".

Oh my.