Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It's a GIRL!!!


Bill and I have a tradition. All 3 pregnancies we have sealed the results of our ultrasounds in an envelope and gone out to dinner that evening to open it together and celebrate. This one was a jaw-dropper. We're having a girl!

We went to the Precinct and brought the envelope. As Bill opened it and looked, he said "Alli - seriously - it's just the picture from the ultrasound...it doesn't say boy or girl and I can't tell." My heart dropped at the thought of having to call the office the next day to find out. He wasn't kidding. But as I took the picture that the tech had sealed in the envelope I noticed right there, typed directly into the photo by her was the word GIRL with !!!!!!!! after it.

It's taken us a couple days to let it sink in that we are actually having a beautiful, girly little girl. And we can't wait. I'm looking for pink things already and couldn't wait to go out the next day and buy the baby something sweet. I didn't find anything I liked but Andrew did pick out a pink sleeper with the word "Love" on the front as his gift to baby girl.

More in another posting on what we feel like God is telling us already about our baby girl. We want that to lead us to a name but so far, we're all over the map. No front-runners.

Right now, I just keep smiling to myself thinking "I get to have a girl."

5 comments:

Krissy said...

You'll be such a wonderful mom to a girl. Your tenderness, softness, and loving nature will be so nurturing to her. And who you are as a woman will be such an excellent example to her.

YES!!!!!!!!

Lisa said...

Congratulations on adding a GIRL to your family!

I stumbled onto your blog from Krissy's and am excited because I wanted to thank you for sharing your stay-at-home mom experience at Crossroads a couple of months ago.

I had my first baby in May and was struggling with the decision of whether or not to go back to work and the main thing that myself and those closest to me were worried about was the isolation. You totally spoke to the point of isolation and I knew that when I watched that service (I was out of town, but a friend said that I had to watch!) that I was called to be a stay-at-home mom. I made the decision official at the end of July and haven't looked back since - it's been wonderful! And you're totally right, God has brought many of my stay at home friends to the forefront and we're so busy running around and enjoying our community!

Hope I don't seem stalker-ish, just wanted to say thanks!

Alli said...

Lisa - Not at all stalkerish! You're welcome here anytime. I'm happy to hear that your fear took a backseat to obeying a calling the Lord placed on your life. Good for you! And so pleased to know you're enjoying yourself.

Anonymous said...

Every time of thought of you meeting your daughter face to face... I end up with tears streaming down my cheeks. I'm so excited for you (and I've picked out some pink things for you too!)

Shane said...

I am very happy for you guys!