Friday, April 16, 2010

Walking in the woods


Each day's schedule is quite different right now for me and the boys. This morning Zoe woke up just before 9am. I was thinking of what I could take them all out to do for a while and it hit me "Withrow Nature Preserve." This is an amazing nature-preserve not 3 minutes from our neighborhood. I don't know why I had that idea this particular morning...or maybe I do.

It was such a blessing...I took all 3 kids, popped Zoe in the Baby Bjorn and we took the 1/2 mile trail through beautiful woods on a breezy, warm morning. Then we played hide and seek in the gardens by the house and made our way back to the car. All in all, only about 45 minutes. It was perfect.

When I was walking on the trail watching my boys get excited about the trees and squirrels, I got tears in my eyes and realized that God knew exactly what activity would bless me and be fun for my kids. I love the outdoors, the woods - and I want my kids to love it too. I always feel God's Spirit heavily in these particular woods...and this time was no different. It was perfect.

4 comments:

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

perfect.

Rachel said...

This is why we are moving to the woods. Each time we visit our future home site she says, "Woods, woods!" and does not want to leave. Other favorite activities include digging in the dirt, collecting rocks, and scaling huge hills.

Anonymous said...

...I love these kind of moments and mornings.

Krissy said...

I love that place. It is like heaven to me. So great. What fun