Saturday, September 4, 2010

Update on school

My school (the boys start this next week and I'm sure I'll do a post about that too!).

I was officially accepted a few weeks back. My first class is called "Old Testamant Foundations." I picked it out of all the classes in the seminary as the one I wanted first. And it is PERFECT. I'm learning exactly what I want to learn. The textbook is like gold to me. I read every chapter like this is precious knowledge that I'm allowed to have. I'm so very grateful for this class. It's already getting me more excited about the Bible than ever and filling in so many blanks in my own personal reading and knowledge. I'm constantly thinking "oh yes! why didn't I see that before?!" or "oh yes! that makes sense!" or "man - that is incredible." Turns out a lot of really really really smart people have studied this Book and deeply believe that it is the story of a real God. I'm just beginning to read a book all about the ancient worship practicies prescribed to Israel and how, through them, God was already telling the story of Jesus thousands of years before He came. I'm in heaven. (Not literally). :-)

So... just a quick post to update you....I'm loving it.

3 comments:

Steven Manuel said...

I guess you have to tell us what your textbook is...!

Alli said...

Textbook is called "Encountering the Old Testament" and the 2 other course-books are "Immanuel in Our Place" and "Old Testament Turning Points."

I just keep thinking that God must know me really well (duh?) if he knew how much I was going to like having the opportunity to learn like this.

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!