Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Brotherly Love

Since I've been attentive to the blessings in my life lately, I couldn't escape a focus on our biggest one: Andrew and Luke receiving Zoe with love and acceptance! I prayed for the boys to experience unity and friendship during this time and also prayed for their hearts to be prepared for another child in the family. It seems that God has answered both of those prayers with a great big smile. We couldn't be happier about how the boys love Zoe and how well they play with one another during all these long days in the house. These 2 things make day-to-day life SOOOOOOO much more fun and light.

Each time Zoe is awake, Andrew wants to hold her or cuddle her or just "see her eyes" (which I guess are rarely seen with all her sleeping!). Luke is now his sweet-natured, lovable self with Zoe and often declares that she is "so sweet" (I agree) and is always asking "where's baby Zoe?"
These are a few snapshots of Zoe at 4 weeks old (yesterday!) with her brothers. The small ball next to her in the photo below was a generous gift from Andrew. (Although he gifted Luke's ball!).
We love these three. And we thank God for the blessing of brotherly love and sibling unity.

1 comment:

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

These pictures are so very sweet!! I just adore your children.