Saturday, February 27, 2010

Family Update

Well, it's been almost 7 weeks now since Zoe was born - wow! We're surviving this very snowy February and ready to get outdoors. The boys have been awesome during this more home-bound month and I couldn't ask for more from them.
Zoe is eating and sleeping very well these days (and getting cuter by the day!).
And I have learned how to take them all out for (short) outings to friend's houses or Crossroads or someplace where we all feel comfortable. Bill is extremely busy at work (blessing and also tiring!) and the firm is doing quite well these days. But he says his favorite place is right here cuddling his kids...

We've had so much love from friends and family - grandma visits, meals at least 3x/week, lots and lots of baby gifts from family, friends, co-workers of Bill's...the love has continued well beyond when we expected it to end! We are all so grateful for this help and support and blessing.

Right now, Bill and I are doing a 6 week series through Crossroads called "Free." It promises to be a great series with our group of friends and for our own relationships to God. (The materials are free - let me know if you want them!).
I've hit the highlights for February... here's to hoping March brings good weather with lots of outside walks and maybe even a few dinners out with just me and Bill for some much-needed adult conversation! Oh - and I forgot my major accomplishment - a few hours away for haircut and highlights!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved this update post... and I'd like to hear more about those materials through Crossroads- is it something I can find online? Looking for a new "ladies night" and "guys night" series to work through.

PS: Every day I seem to add one or two more reasons to my list for you to pack up and come to SA. :)

Alli said...

Amy - I can get them for you and send you the books. How many do you need? You won't be sorry: it's a series about identifying a stronghold in your life and breaking it. Think of "where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Freedom" as the central theme of the series. It's excellent.
If you don't want to wait for them to arrive in a package, I can get the electronic version for you and you can print them off there...just let me know!