Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Birthday!

Not all birthdays are worthy of blogging about...but this year was blog-worthy.
33 is a completely uneventful number - no major milestone, no cause for mid-life breakdowns, etc. But Bill really made this day awesome for me. Not only was it a gorgeous 72 degree spring day but the first half of my day was this: I got to take a walk with Zoe, have bagels with my family, see my son score 3 goals at his soccer game, have lunch topped off with a cake from the Bonbonerie (see below). YUM. And I got a little help blowing out the candles!


Bill got me a beautiful necklace... (and some new running clothes).

Then I got a little hang-out time with my boys (aren't we all cool in our shades?!). As you can also see: somewhere in here I got to shower too. And Bill made me a 2pm pedicure appointment, handed me a gift certificate and sent me out the door. I should have taken a picture of my pretty pink toenails.

This is Zoe just lookin' cute on her mama's birthday.

The day ended in a birthday date with Bill: roses and dinner at The Precinct! The Precinct has been our special place for years...we've celebrated there maybe 8-10 times for special events and we just keep going back. We had a gift certificate from Christmas and free babysitting from Grandma. Woohoo! It was one of the most fun dinners we've ever had...we just laughed and talked and enjoyed each other. Perfect end to a perfect day.
Bill really knows how to celebrate. He makes many "average days" special and special-days or holidays he usually makes amazing. He regularly brings home things like surprise carry-out dinners or flowers for me when he stops at the store. And as you can tell from my mother's day and birthday posts over the past week...he really makes holidays great. It's hard for me to put into words what this means to me. It's not about the stuff...it's about my husband being thoughtful about me, what I like and loving me in tangible ways. It's love. And it's good. :)
Today I woke up and told Andrew that my birthday was so good that I wanted today to be my birthday again. He said "ok mom - you can be 34 today." Um...nevermind! I'll wait until next year to turn 34, and just remember over and over how good my 33rd was.

4 comments:

Steven Manuel said...

YAAAAYYYY! Happy birthday friend!

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

I love that you were celebrated!!
I was celebrating you in my heart all day!!

Erin said...

This is so sweet! Happy birthday, Alli!! What a special day for a special lady! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the way Bill celebrates you...