Thursday, March 12, 2009

It's here...it's gone

Spring, that is. Over the weekend I kept thinking I needed to post about how good the nicer, warmer weather was feeling. It brings me new life. But before I've gotten around to it - it's gone again! So today the high temperature was 39 degrees but I'm going with the message of the season...HOPE. Spring brings hope - and so therefore, I hope it returns quickly. In the interim -- here's what spring looks like at the Pattersons: strollers, wagons, yards and playgrounds. On Tuesday Luke had his first mouthful of sand. I think that's a babyhood rite-of-passage or something.


A few spring favorites of mine are: dusk that's warm enough for a walk, the cherry blossoms in Ault Park and three-quarter-length sleeves. But spring shoes are always a problem for me. Most of my friends just bust-out the flip-flops, but I have a hard time doing that until about May... so boots are out and flip-flops are out. That's a problem. So I bought some alligator-print-ballerinas at Target. And no, Vickie, I don't care if you go and get the same pair. Just hurry because they were flying off the shelves like hotcakes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read this with envy... we are headed into winter and it is a whole new ball game for me here with no indoor heat, primarily for the kiddos. Ugh.