Friday, March 27, 2009

Psalm 100

Every now and then I ask God again - "how do I worship you?" I just ask Him for a tutorial again to re-learn how I can come to Him in worship. 2 Days ago I ended up reading Psalm 100. And it was just that - a tutorial on how to worship... it's short so I'll put it here:

1 Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth.
2 Worship the LORD with gladness;

come before him with joyful songs.
3 Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his;

we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
4 Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise;

give thanks to him and praise his name.
5 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;

his faithfulness continues through all generations.

So my Worship 101 is:
Tell Him what makes my heard joyful and glad
Thank Him for where I see Him in my life
Repeat as needed: Baaaa...baaaa
Take time to remember where the Lord has been faithful and loved me.
Sing a song to Him.

Here's what I wrote down this morning:
Friends gathering for Easter - I'm so excited about this! New babies! Spring blossoms! Sunshine! Woods! (Remember that trip for work up to Big Bear Mountain and how thick your Spirit was around me? - Boy! I really felt you on that trip). Oceans! Rest! Chocolate! Books! Fuzzy socks! Rocking sleepy babies! New pictures of my boys! Dates with my husband! Hearing your voice! (Thanks for gently correcting me even when I hear you wrongly - I know I can be confident in You even when I'm off!). Experiencing your Spirit! (Remember that time you had Kathleen pray for me?! You never leave me, even in my darkest hour). Cinnamon rolls and leisurely breakfasts! Fires in the winter! Having dinner with friends! (Remember when you gave us the idea to throw a big wedding for our friends - how awesome was THAT dinner?!). Thanks God for being faithful to me even in moments of unbelief...how Good are YOU.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes... I loved reading this. Sometimes asking God to teach us how to do something that we regularly do... rocks our world! He continually crushes the box I try to place him in...

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

I am amazed time and time again how the Lord will have YOU write or say something that He's been poking at me about. I come here and have received confirmation time and time again. Coincidence? I don't think so. Thanks Alli! You are an amazing shepherd! Looking forward to seeing you Wednesday.