Tuesday, April 7, 2009

'Alli's Favs'

This is the name of the new playlist I created for my IPOD. We have a very small library of music. But it was fun looking through and picking out my favorites...just wanted to share them with you. I, too, was blessed by Bill's birthday gift of music from our friends. This list include a couple new ones. But the absolute best one is "All Will Be Well" Gabe Dixon Band. I would LOVE to play the piano underneath that tune. And wow...I could hit replay 10 times in a row on it.

Anyway - enjoy perusing my list and please please suggest new tunes for me to buy: we have about $18.00 of credit to splurge on some new tunes... any ideas based on this list? C'mon - my friends must be better than Genius.

All Will Be Well - Gabe Dixon Band
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon & Garfunkel
Come Ye Sinners - Todd Agnew
Daughters - John Mayer
First Cut is the Deepest - Sheryl Crow
The Good Life - Bruce Hornsby
I'll Always Be Right There - Bryan Adams (our wedding song!)
I'm Yours - Jason Mraz
Made to Love - TobyMac
Only Grace - Matthew West
Say - John Mayer
True Colors - Phil Collins
Undo - Rush of Fools
Viva la Vida - Coldplay
Waiting on the World to Change - John Mayer
When it was Over - Sara Groves
Where is the Love? - Black Eyed Peas

3 comments:

maeklingler said...

Check out Katie Herzig, especially anything on her Apple Tree album. The Weepies. Jon Foreman "Your Love Is Strong" is one of my faves and I think they actually played it at Crossroads a while back. Just a start...

Steven Manuel said...

HA HA HA. KNEW you'd dig that stuff. I might just bring another mix CD to Easter. It's fun turning people on to quality.

If you really want to make me happy, publish another list which is BILL'S favorites. Then I can discern what you both dig and choose accordingly.

Gabe Dixon! YEAH! You guys are now in the fan club and can come with us next time he shows up at 20th Century.

Anonymous said...

can't wait to check out Gabe. Can I tell you- I absolutely LOVE that "where is the love" is on your fav list... friend... I can bust out every word accompanied by some very questionable dance moves. HA!!

My fav's include: Sara Barellis and Colbie Callait for sing-a-long good acousticish music. And right now, Kim Walker (this is my song) worship. Powerful.