Monday, April 13, 2009

We have all good things

Yesterday was a great moment for me to realize the Lord is fulfilling this in my life "Blessed are those you choose and bring near to live in your courts! We are filled with the good things of your house..." That is a quote from Psalm 65 and a promise from Jesus to me. He chose me. He brings me near to Him. He gives me good things that only He can give.

Yesterday was Easter. Some of those good things are: Him. My relationship with Him...his nearness to me, his voice, his presence in my life. That's the best stuff. Yesterday I also saw this in...
  • all the children of my spiritual family (Mac, Bode, Honor, Mac, BabyValentine, Irene, Ezra, Tobias, Kate, BabyManuel, Hannah, Leah, Jeremiah, Andrew and Luke). These kids ARE the Lord's blessing in our lives. Wanna see where the Lord is blessing a community? Check out the kids.
  • David Russell's cheesecake
  • the amazing collection of women in my life (Kelly, Mary, Dora, Krissy, Lori, Kate)

  • The fun of the egg hunt and kickball! (Krissy said "what is this nonsense about "kids-only?!")

We feasted...it was a great celebration of life. The life we have now. The life we will always have.

4 comments:

Steven Manuel said...

Be advised:
http://www.stevemanuel.net/Steven_Manuel/Photos./Pages/Easter_2009.html#grid

Steven Manuel said...

That didn't really work. You'll have to paste these two lines together in your address bar.


http://www.stevemanuel.net/Steven_Manuel/
Photos./Pages/Easter_2009.html

Alli said...

Steven - I linked your page of pics to my "Friend Spot" photo - for all to see!

Krissy said...

Alli - thanks so much for hosting! I was so looking forward to it, and it lived up to all of my expectations! Celebrating with you all was the best! Thanks again!