Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bill's 35th Birthday!

Saturday was Bill's birthday. It was a great day. I was reminded of how great it is to have wonderful people in your life. Even Adam, the man who owns Big Apple Bagels, loves Bill. I stopped in to get his favorite breakfast sandwich and walked out without paying. Adam said "tell Bill I say Happy Birthday!" And he tried to give me free coffee too (but we'd already had enough!).
Our boys, of course, are favorite people of ours...the day wouldn't have been complete without Andrew singing lots of "Happy Birthday to Daddy." Here they are helping Daddy open presents at lunchtime. Among other things, I got him a new bathing suit and flip-flops for our upcoming Bahamas trip.And all our other favorite people (aka: our friends!) came over last night to celebrate together. They all went together to buy songs and update Bill's Ipod. We are musically illiterate...but thanks to our friends we are now up-to-date with new Play Lists and all. Steven really went the extra mile to completely organize our music library and create a new play list of all the new birthday songs. Awesome! Some favorite tunes of our friends include songs from: Gabe Dixon Band, John Mayer, Coldplay and Kanye (a DR fav!).

And the topper (and my personal favorite present to Bill) was his chocolate cake. This was made with LOTS of love... Happy Birthday, baby!

4 comments:

Steven Manuel said...

You did a great job, Alli. Where'd the cake recipe come from? It was PERFECTO.

Alli said...

Thanks so much...I really loved doing things from which Bill would feel so much love.

The cake recipe came from a book called "The Cake Doctor" and the glaze was from the classic Better Homes & Gardens cookbook - it's just called 'Chocolate Glaze.'

And also: All Will Be Well, Gabe Dixon Band, is my new favorite song. I LOVED it.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL!!

Okay, want some new fabulous worship for your iPod? I've been listening to Kim Walker, the album Here is My Song, over and over... it's powerful.

An album that I can play all the way through and enjoy every song...Sara Bareilles, Little Voice. Another favorite... Colbie Caillat. For something a little more "rock"... The Fray... good stuff!!! I always LOVE getting new music!!!

Steven Manuel said...

Yeah, that's right. Invest some time with the Gabe Dixon Band and you will ne'er be disappointed.