Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My little seedlings...

Yesterday was a beautiful day...and so I thought to myself "If I were a plant, I'd want to be outside today." So I put my little seedlings out in the driveway for some fresh air, breeze and sun. Two of them actually had a little mold on them -- and I knew the sunlight would take care of that.
The wind knocked them down.
The sun dried up the soil quickly.
They looked a little parched.

So I moved them back inside.
Krissy later said to me "I guess you just have to think of them as newborns...." Hmmmm.

The experimentation continues.

3 comments:

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

This makes me feel better. I took mine outside, having the exact same thought (including mold concern) and mine look pitiful. I'm not sure I was a very good mother to them. I've lost over half. :(

Rachel said...

not to worry, many of them will take off again once you put them in the ground, and you can get fabulous veggie plants at Findlay market -- cheap! We had more veggies than we could eat last summer (mostly from Findlay plants).

Anonymous said...

This made me laugh! Hey, had they been my seedlings- they would have probably been left on the driveway overnight and smashed by a car in the morning. Shame!!

I am going to learn to garden from YOU one day...