Thursday, April 16, 2009

There's life!!!

I didn't really believe it! There are things growing. I guess I didn't really believe that anything would grow. I mean, it was just a seed and I have no idea what I'm doing. But - look! Things are growing. And it wasn't really me. I mean - I put them in the dirt and watered them, but really I have no idea why they're growing. Amazing, isn't it??!!

1 Corinthians 3 talks about this...check it out... "I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. The man who plants and the man who waters have one purpose, and each will be rewarded according to his own labor."

Turns out I don't need to know much to grow something. My work was to prepare and water, the growth was the easiest part! As a matter of fact, I don't even know how it happened. That reminds me of a comment my roommate made to me in college about studying business and how pointless it was (she may have been right!) but I said back to her - "well you're studying biology and it will happen whether you know about it or not!" I guess we were both right from certain angles.

I knew God was going to teach me through this garden and it's already started. How little faith I seem to have in Him that He can do His Job... that things will actually grow from seed, sun and water. And how slow I am to want to prepare. My obediance and effort just set the stage for God's Big Show - the growth. Awesome.

Now, seriously, I can't take these outside until late May -- what do I do now? Am I going to have to find them a bigger container?

2 comments:

Katy said...

i just wrote about the same thing! i hadn't read yours, i swear.

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. SO impressed. And I already love what you're learning through this...

seriously friend... I think you'll be writing a book about the garden of your heart...