Saturday, May 16, 2009

Celebrating! Joy! Bahamas!

Bill and I are here in the Bahamas. We are celebrating! My 32nd birthday and our 10 year anniversary. And we're just celebrating with joy all the goodness and blessing that is in our lives these days.
And since I'm paying $10/day for internet, I thought -- why not put up a blog post with some pictures so that you can all celebrate with us?!

The Hilton staff sent up a chocolate dessert for my birthday last night. The restaurant we ate at was quaint with top-quality food - a real treat. We've been sent a bottle of wine and gift certificate for dinner from my parents. There's lots of sunshine and beautiful water. We have time to read and talk together. We get to sleep in a little and have dinners out. All in all, it's just a treat. So - join us in celebrating!

We miss our boys. But I just keep thinking that I would miss out on the joy of these moments if I was so focused on them that I couldn't experience what's right in front of me. So we rest in the fact that our family is caring well for them. And we just enjoy the blessing we've been given.

3 comments:

all cars said...

So I guess Bill and I aren't playing tennis this week huh?
Colin

Ross & Tricia McLain said...

Alli-you look great! The bathing suit was definitely the right one!! Now, where are Bill's orange trunks?

Enjoy this wonderful vacation!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm SOOO glad you get this time away together. Enjoy every moment!!