Monday, May 25, 2009

Morning Coffee = Love


Every morning Bill makes coffee. He gets up around 5am and I get up around 6am, so the coffee is ready and waiting when I come down. To me, this is love. There used to be mornings when I would get up and Bill was so engrossed in work that he hadn't yet made the coffee. I think the look of disappointment on my face said it all. That hasn't happened in a long time. We both acknowledged that when he makes coffee for us in the morning, it's a way that he loves me.

Last night we were going to bed and I noticed he was doing something with the coffeemaker. He said "I'm just making your coffee now since I won't be here in the morning."

That's love, people.

And PS - Our favorite is Seattle's Best: Cinnabon flavor.

3 comments:

Krissy said...

awesome!

ever read that love languages book? what's yours, and his? acts of service in their anywhere, or do you just love all of them?

Alli said...

Acts of service is Bill's big one. It's not really in my top 3 but God has totally taught me how to receive love from Bill in the way that he prefers to give it: service.
I'd still like lots of TIME and affirmation from him, but I'm pleased to see that I've learned to receive love this way. Thanks for pointing that out!
And also - I do just like my morning coffee that much.

Anonymous said...

I love the thoughtfulness... the consideration of you... they way you start your day with an unspoken "i love you".