Sunday, May 31, 2009

Snake Bite!


About 2 weeks ago I had a weird dream. I got a snake bite on the hand (between the thumb and first finger in that fleshy part). Not a backyard-kind-of-snake, but a SNAKE. It was black. It looked sort of like the picture I selected here. In the dream, I had to grab it by the tail and actually pull it's 2 fangs out of my hand and then throw it away from me. And, weirdly, I didn't seem to be hurt.

This dream happened right before I woke up in the morning, so I awakened thinking "ooohhh gross. That was awful." And I promptly dismissed it and moved on. It definitely left an impression, but I didn't have a feeling it was spiritually important at that time.

I'm reading a LOT in the book of Acts lately. And about 4 days ago I re-read the part at the very end when Paul is on Malta. He gets a snake bite - on the hand! And the island people want to treat him like a god because they're waiting for him to die and nothing ever happens to him.

So - I stop cold while I'm reading. And immediately remember my dream. But then I get myself confused thinking "did I just read this same passage a week or 2 ago and THAT's what I'm remembering?" But nope - I sure did have that dream.

I'd love to know what you think. I now believe the Lord has something for me in this. Any thoughts or interpretations? On my dream or on that passage in Acts?

6 comments:

all cars said...

Did you ever get any feedback you'd want to share?

Alli said...

Nope - I haven't gotten any feedback!

Krissy said...

Well, I don't exactly have an interpretation, but tonight I was at a meeting where people were talking about snake bite dreams! So I pulled up your post on my blackberry, re-read the post, and shared Acts 28. The interpretation in the room was that Paul was accused of being a god and a murderer and yet he stayed in Malta and healed people. I liked the way Paul walked in his authority in Christ.

Christine Wilson had a snake dream 2 weeks ago (different from this one.) Scott Dill gave her a book about snakes (I don't know what it's called - you'll have to ask one of them.) But in the book apparently, the big snake that needs to be dealt with is Religion.

Anonymous said...

I had two thoughts as I read:

1. A snake is how the enemy appeared to Eve. Are there any areas in your life where you know he is trying to tempt you?? If so, rip him out of your flesh...

2. That even when the snake looks intimidating and has left his mark or somehow dug in to you...you are able to defeat him.

God is so much bigger than the snake!!!

Kyle & Sara said...

The book Krissy is talking about is called "Snakes In the Lobby" - Kyle's reading it right now!

kel said...

dr is reading it too. (gee, kel, that's deep...)