Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The desire of my heart...is a snowman towel?


Last week I was at Kelly's house, and I noticed her cute, new snowman kitchen towels. And I recalled the 2 or 3 times lately I had passed similar towels in Target and wanted them. I'm not really sure why I didn't buy them. But I didn't. They're not that expensive but I just felt some kind of resistence to buying them for myself. I did think several times after that (as I looked at the same kitchen towels I've had since my wedding almost 10 years ago) - 'man, I'd like some cute towels.'
Today I received these snowman towels as a gift from my friend, Lora. As soon as I opened them I heard God say to me "See - I knew you wanted them. I just wanted to be the one to give them." Even when I CAN provide for myself, it's feels so much better when it's from Him.

7 comments:

jflinn said...

thanks for sending me an invite to your blog, i love reading friends blogs!! so i am excited to have some more reading material!

Anonymous said...

That made me smile- you're loved that much by the Big Man... that He wanted to give you those snowman towels. That made me smile.

didi said...

This is great. And your new blog photo!

Again- steven

Krissy said...

Can we take a vote - I really enjoyed the old blog photo. That was a great picture of you and Bill. I saw that Stevie thought it was racy, but I thought it was sweet. You know I love the boys, but maybe you can bring the old one back and put it on here somewhere...

Alli said...

well, I intend to change the pictures pretty regularly -- so I already had that one in the wings.
(And for the record: there was NO tongue involved. It was a sweet little peck)!
I'm trying to figure out how to import a Flickr slide show but haven't managed to do it yet...if I do, I'll definitely include that kiss and many more!

didi said...

wait, did stevie just post as didi?

kel said...

re: the photo, i'd say it's reasonable to expect girlie blogs to include girlie photos. boyfriend kisses, kitchen towels, etc. it's all girlie.