Friday, February 6, 2009

Hot chocolate - the end or just the means?

I really like hot chocolate. But it has typically been only a medium to melt and a vehicle to carry marshmellows. Marshmellows are the yummiest part of hot chocolate for me. Today, sadly, I had only about 10 mini marshmellows left in the bag. A pathetic volume and virtually a reason to abandon the hot chocolate altogether. But, pleasantly, I discovered that without the marshmellow melting distraction I actually did enjoy the drink itself.

So - what say you? Is the main attraction hot chocolate itself or is it simply a means to an end -- the yummy gooey mess of melted marshmellows?

Let's put it to a vote.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hot chocolate for me means that I make it (I don't do store-bought) and is DEFINITELY about the chocolate over everything else. I have raw Jersey milk from a local farm and dark, delicious Venezuelan chocolate and I put them together with a pinch of spice (cinnamon and cayenne pepper) and life is instantly improved!