Friday, January 16, 2009

Little-thing update


I just had to write a quickie here about how one of my "little things" (see post below) happened.

Two days ago I felt prompted to "write notes of encouragement" -- so I went upstairs, dutifully and immediately, to retrieve my box of personal notecards and a pen. I just thought 'once I sit down, I'll know who to write to:' but nothing came to me, so I ditched it.

Then today, without knowing it, this 'notes of encouragement' thing happened afterall. Andrew and I were spending some time together during Luke's nap this morning. And, as we often do, we were doing an "art project." Andrew said he wanted to make something for a friend. So I asked him a series of questions (he was thinking of 2 friends: Alexis and David) and we ended up doing special art projects with special messages for each friend. It was so very sweet. And we will deliver each of them personally. I wrote EXACTLY what he told me to write. (David's said "I like to laugh with you. I'm so glad you're my friend." Alexis' is pictured here.)

Then I logged back onto my blog and thought oh my gosh we wrote notes of encouragement! And I think it was God IN Andrew that led us into fulfilling that prompting in me. How cool is that? I was all ready with my pen and paper but God had some other people in mind...some little people.

1 comment:

hello? it's sara speaking.. said...

Missing you guys so much. Give the boys big hugs and kisses from Ms.Sara in Columbus. I'll call you next time I'm in town.. we need to catch up! xox

and by the way.. ADORABLE cards!