Friday, January 9, 2009

Puzzle pieces

I love scripture...anyone who knows me well might know that about me. And today was a great example of the reason why. I am praying for a friend who's hurting right now and just decided to look up some scripture around a relevant topic to see what popped up. So I did. And I wrote down a few. And that lead me to think of another one or two. And I wrote those down. And then later, as I considered them...I realized that God had led me to scripture that were building on one another; telling a story. A story about what His heart is for my friend and what He might want. And a story He told with His own words but through the leading of His Spirit in me.


Anytime we read scripture we give the Spirit ammunition to speak to us, lead us, etc. No - it doesn't always happen, but for me - it happens a LOT like this. Scripture comes alive into pieces of a puzzle...and I don't have to guess whether I'm hearing the words exactly right because He's using His Own Words. Awesome.

Try it. Pray for something/someone/yourself - look up (use your concordance or http://www.biblegateway.com/) some relevant scripture and see if you don't receive the pieces to a little puzzle.

Let me know here how it goes for you.

No comments: