Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lunchtime with Daddy

Today I'm celebrating something that Bill does regularly... comes home for lunch! This picture is just about an hour ago in our front yard playing with the boys in the snow.
This is one of the most loving things that Bill does in our day-to-day life. It shows me that he's thinking of us, that he wants to spend time with us and that his family comes above all else. It also shows me that he understands my needs - that a small break in the day can mean so much when you're taking care of 2 little ones all the time.
I used to think he was just doing it because he felt bad for me or because he had guilt or something. But that isn't the truth at all... the truth is he does it because he wants to and because he loves us. I think I just struggled at first to receive it. I am careful never to turn this into an "expectation" of him. I don't huff if a week goes by and it doesn't happen. I just yuck-it-up when it does. So today was one of those days!
I know other dads show their love in other ways, but I happen to LOVE this particular way of Bill's. Here's a few of our favorite spots to meet: the Atrium at Crossroads, Beech Acres Park (also pictured below last July), Big Apple Bagels or just at home for some playtime together.
Today I am just celebrating Bill and his love for me and for his boys. Awesome husband. Awesome dad.

No comments: